[Rhodes22-list] Trailer Hitch

johnsondan at comcast.net johnsondan at comcast.net
Mon Mar 17 11:00:20 EDT 2008

Rummy,

It is a small 8, so I know I don't want to head over any mountains with it - no transmission cooler.  But it ought to be fine to drive the 250 or so flat miles from Stan's place to mine.  I understand about the "no bumper hitch" thing.  I was planning on getting a receiver hitch.  The suspension sits fairly high, so I imagine I'll want to lower the ball somewhat from bumper height.  I know my little 18 foot plywood gaff rigger tows way above horizontal when towed on the bumper - but it only weighs 1000 pounds including the trailer.

Dan
From: R22RumRunner at aol.com