[Rhodes22-list] Artic Sail

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Tue Mar 18 14:47:48 EDT 2008

Leland wrote:
> My marina was sold to a Sea Ray dealer
> and all sailboats were told to vacate
> before the 1st of April.  Yesterday was
> the only day I had available before
> the deadline to move her to my new marina.

Glad you found another marina so soon.  Here in
Maine, after being tossed out of a marina where
I had stayed for 6 years (to make room for power
boats), I have to wait until the ice goes out
before I can check the clearances.  Some of the
less expensive ones have shoals at the entrances.

This general move toward denying slips to
sailboats in favor of power boats at marinas
seems to be accelerating.  Has anyone else
run into it?

/Robert