[Rhodes22-list] Robert's Question on free charts... Lee will you comment on this picture...

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Thu Mar 20 08:38:12 EDT 2008

Ed,

Interesting real estate market.

About 2/3s up the picture on the left side are some shaded rectangles that
are covered piers.  I don't think they house any sailboats due to the height
of the roofs.  Two years ago a friend of mine bought one of the slips for
$75,000.  No condo, just the slip, and he has a monthly maintenance fee.

Just south of those slips on the other side of the highway is a long
rectangular body of water.  Those are the county slips.  About three years
ago the County doubled the price of the slips from $300 to $600 a year.  A
lot of the watermen were so upset that they left, and the County opened the
slips up to non-commercial recreational boating county citizens.  Last time
I checked I was #72 on the waiting list.  It's a deal but you do get what
you pay for.

For a 22' foot boat with minimal draft, most of the slips around the Narrows
run about $2,500 to $3,500 a year.

Lee