[Rhodes22-list] Fred on rebedding ports...

Fred Kaiser fkaiser at atlanticbb.net
Sat Mar 22 21:46:50 EDT 2008

Thanks Ed, I have looked at their website and also at West Marines
sealant guide on page 322 of their 08 catalog along with
recommendations in Casey's book "Sailboat Hull & Deck Repair"  My
sense is that there is no one perfect sealant for re bedding
ports.  I'm going with Life Seal since it seems to me to be the
closest to  a workable solution as it is a mixture of silicone and
polyurethane.  Hey if it doesn't work at least I should be able to
get the ports apart again (not looking forward to that!!) and look
for another solution. Using 5200 or similar material means that if I
don't do a perfect job I'm screwed.

Fred Kaiser
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall MD