[Rhodes22-list] Fred on rebedding ports... reply to Fred... Life Seal comment

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Mar 23 07:41:52 EDT 2008

Fred:

Just one word of caution about Boat Life Products, see:

http://www.boatlife.com/products.cfm?recordID=CS

Every last thing that they make has the same package!  See:
http://www.boatlife.com/products.cfm?recordID=CS

Make double sure you pick up the one that you want.  They could learn a
lesson from 3M in color coding their different products.

Furthermore, I do not see what they recommend for clean up.  Before you
start, have the recommended clean up product and some rags handy.  I like
alcohol based cleaners because they are not hazardous, but some of these
products say use Xylene or Acetone based cleaners.

I found a product that does not sell over the counter retail, at least as
far as I find.  It is an alcohol based product named TA 661.  It is
available only by internet order from:

http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?store=epoxy&product=.Misc.+products&cart_id=9908315.55347&user-id=&password=&exchange=&exact_match=exact
(scroll down, down, down)  It is non hazmat as compared with acetone and
xylene.  If you want a challange try to find your way around this companies
web site.

Remember to take before and after pictures.  Maybe Stan could use them to
show his people how to do things.  Remember to put comments in Spanish.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
"The law requires a paper towel ad to be scrupulously honest, but allows
political candidates to lie without reproach. What's wrong with this
picture?"  Jef I. Richards