[Rhodes22-list] Routine Maintenace

Dan Johnson johnsondan at comcast.net
Sat Mar 29 11:23:10 EDT 2008

We picked up our recycled Rhodes from Stan yesterday and she now sits on our front lawn awaiting the registration and trip to the water to put in the slip.  My question is, now that we own the boat, what do you all use for routine "housekeeping maintenance"?

I'd be interested in hearing what waxes / sealants / protectants you use for the deck and  topsides.  Obviously I don't want a slippery deck, but there must be a protectant coating of some sort.  What about on the teak - like the companionway framing and the rail on the galley.

Other recommendations for maintaining the boat in its "almost new" looking condidtion as it is now would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dan