[Rhodes22-list] Routine Maintenace

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 12:15:16 EDT 2008

Congratulations Dan.  Sounds great.

I like the Meguire products.  They have a cleaner-wax that is good for
touching up.  A more expensive wax for starting the season (and I
suppose I should use it in the fall as well).  I've used it on the
topsides and they still look new after two winters.  Mary Lou's point
about the hull is key - I don't think you want to use fiberglass wax
on the paint.

You might want to subscribe to Practical Sailor.  They do regular
reviews and you can look in their web site for past reviews of
cleaning products.

And the archives here on the list - I think you should be able to find
the preferred Rummy Method.  Also some discussions of the painted hull
on recycled boats.

Dave