[Rhodes22-list] Computer Geek Question - Wireless Cards

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 07:41:46 EDT 2008

Brad,
The IBM X40, like most IBM/Lenovo products has a built in 802.11b wireless,
no external card needed. By adding a PC card, you have bypassed the built  in
connection. This works fine, but it really is a waste of hardware that
already comes with the computer. A PC card may allow you to attach to networks  that
use higher encryption than wep. This was true with my old Dell laptop. We
upgraded from wep to wpa and I had to use a newer pc card to be able to connect
to the home network.

Rummy

In a message dated 3/30/2008 11:14:42 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,