[Rhodes22-list] Computer email decoding question

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Mon Mar 31 14:34:21 EDT 2008

#1 The list does not allow "rich text e-mail".  So, no HTML pages
sent as e-mails.  That's one way e-mail programs embed images in the
copy, but it won't survive the list processing.

#2 The list software does some checking for valid file types to
minimize the possibility of something nasty sneaking onto the list
(e.g. virus).  If I understand correctly, this process disassociates
embedded media from the text copy.  So... images arrive as
attachments rather than embeddments (is that a real word?).

With all that said, it's possible there may some changes to that
processing once Michael and I get the list software transferred to
its new home.  I think I'm running a newer version and may have more
flexibility in these areas.

Cheers!

John Lock