[Rhodes22-list] Could I Have Another Helping of Big Government, Please?

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Fri May 2 03:51:33 EDT 2008

This is almost funny in it's socialst leanings. Sorry, I know you find
that offensive, but here's an example:

=====
As a country we spend 17 percent of our GDP on health care, the highest
in the developed world. Ironically, we're not the healthiest nation,
judging by our lagging numbers in life expectancy, infant mortality or
other similar variables. Doesn't our government owe us an explanation?
=====

Why??? Why would our government "owe us an explanation" for our health?
Are they forcing the french fries down our throats? Are they requiring
that we buy 3 televisions per home and assorted "get off your feet on on
your butts" gadgets to go with them?

Well, of course, if you wan to live in a nanny state, then obvioiusly
the government would owe us an explanation for what we're doing to
ourselves.

And, the author is dishonest in his implications:

=====
Then how do you explain our Maine patients going to Canada in truckloads
to buy prescription drugs?
-----
Because the government in Canada forces the prescription drugs to be
cheaper, and often subsidizes them.
-----
-----
Or some insurance companies booking Uncle Leland's kidney transplants in
India?
-----
For the same reason Uncle Bill ishiring out all his technical support to
India, because it's cheaper. Do a quick survey amongst those that USE
those services, see if they're "better"
=====
And to call McCain a "hypocrite" because he has taken advantage of
"government run health-care" (through his father's and his military
service" is the height of deception. He wasn't a freeloader, he wasn't
participating in socilaized medicine. He was taking advantage of an
employer offered health care system.

=====
as a nation, we find no trouble with Disney making $1 billion a year
from Hannah Montana musicals
----
You got it bubba, as long as Disney isn't making that $1 billion by
coercing the government to force people to spend the money. It's called
capitalism. It's a good thing,.

By the way, anyone that has kids and doesn't budget spending $2500 in
health care isn't facing reality. So, he hasn't met his deductible for,
which means this surgery would cost him out of pocket. Fine, wait until
later in the year when more of the deductable's been met, or next year

Do you REALLY consider this sort of tripe hones reporting?