[Rhodes22-list] This day in history

petelargo petelauritzen at earthlink.net
Fri May 2 10:43:02 EDT 2008

Herb,

Are your views and opinions so weak that you have to resort to personal name
calling? I denounce that type of angry pulpit-banging white-bread rhetoric.
The full truth is that the sign was the NAVY'S idea for that specific
carrier's mission. HOWEVER, the White House was involved and DID actually
have the sign made and had Bush positioned for maximum photo op. Any
politician will jump in front of a parade. And Bush did say "that major
combat operations were over in Iraq. In the battle of Iraq, the United
States and our allies have prevailed." Bush's speech originally did have
"mission accomplished" in it. Rumsfeld had that taken that out and it was
semi-watered down to the above quote.