[Rhodes22-list] This day in history

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Fri May 2 16:28:36 EDT 2008

1) Ahhh, so racial comments are OK, as long as they're jokes. And if
someone takes offense, the "joke is on them".

2) You're just flat wrong about Bush's service. Yes, he probably didn't
want to go to war. Yes, he probably pulled every string he could find to
get in the National Guard instead. That's fine, he didn't break any
laws. He served in the Guard, he served honorably. Jerks who sit on the
sidelines and disparage that are service are losers (see Rob, you WERE
wrong about the "nobody"). I'll count you among those losers. I'm
curious, did you serve?

3) That's laughable Pete. I've been to airport to see the troops off,
I've been to the airport to welcome them home, and I've ridden at the
funerals of their friends. They have actually been spit on by some folks
when they've come back. Not as bad as it was in the 60's, but it's
happened. One was called a rapist because he wore the uniform.

4) What does the monetary donations of the troops have to do with the
discussion? Surely you're not going to try to draw the inference that
because they, as a group, donate more to Ron Paul (though you never
indicated your source, I doubt it's true), that means it was because one
particular view he holds? Surely not... Oh wait, you're a lib. I forgot,
draw the make the facts fit your conclusion...

5) What claptrap. There were no crimes against the constitution. Unless
you name specifics, maybe should pull that particular pickle out.

6) Where did you get your number that 81% of Americans think we're on
the wrong track? And, wrong track about what? If you mean that 81%
percent of American's think we're on the wrong track about SOMETHING,
I'd say the number is probably closer to 100%.