[Rhodes22-list] This day in history

petelargo petelauritzen at earthlink.net
Fri May 2 21:37:49 EDT 2008

1) I didn't say that your "remarks" towards Rob were offensive or off charter
and I don;t care what you say. My exact post said that I thought they were
'unnecessary' and I inferred that their use weakened your arguments and
basically they were beneath you.

2) Why would Bush make his war records confidential?

3) I said I have personally never seen any hate directed at troops in 7
years. But Herb, if you say you directly saw someone spit on a serviceman
once in 7 years, I will take your word for it.

4) February 04, 2008 3:19 PM The Center for Responsive Politics, which
tracks campaign cash, looks at the 2007 money-raising and finds the
following: In 2007, the 2008 presidential candidates raised $582.5 million
and spent $481.2 million. In the 4th quarter of 2007, individuals in the
Army, Navy and Air Force made those branches of the armed services the No.
13, No. 18 and No. 21, contributing industries, respectively. War opponent
Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, received the most from donors in the military,
collecting at least $212,000 from them. Another war opponent, Sen. Barack
Obama, D-Illinois, was second with about $94,000.

5) oh puh-leez. ordering wiretapping of american citizens without a warrant?
illegal

6)  More than 80 percent of Americans surveyed say the country is headed in
the wrong direction, according to a new CBS News/New York Times poll --
recording the highest measure of discontent since this poll started asking
the question in the early 1990s. The survey finds 81 percent saying "things
have pretty seriously gotten off on the wrong track." That is up from 69
percent a year ago, and 35 percent in early 2002, the Times reports. This
gauge of the spring of our discontent comes amidst a housing crisis that has
rocked Wall Street and roiled the economy. And it comes on the ramp of a
presidential election posing a serious challenge for the incumbent party.
The president's approval rating: 29 percent. It's widespread, too: With a
majority of Democrats and Republicans, men and women, residents of cities
and rural areas, college graduates and those who finished only high school
saying the United States is headed in the wrong direction, the Times reports
of the findings. The newspaper reports that Americans are more dissatisfied
with the country's direction than at any time since the poll's inception in
the early 1990s. Only 21 percent say the economy is in good condition, the
lowest measure since late 1992.