[Rhodes22-list] This day in history

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun May 4 22:27:00 EDT 2008

Whoops, got trigger happy with that send button!

Frone,

You wrote: "I do work pretty hard and try to aim my political views  toward
the
best policies for the country as a whole, most especially those who  are
less
fortunate than I".

May I suggest you help those less fortunate with you own dollars and start
with your own family before you start spending other peoples money. Just the
other day Obama was commenting about the influence of his paternal
grandmother in Kenya who still lived without running water and electricity.
Dude!  Why don't you spend some of that 4.9 million you and the wifey made
last year and buy grandma a generator and well.  Hell, I've got a used one
on the coast I'll sell for $500 and we've got the talent to dig the well.

Now as to Cuba, my sailing instructor used to participate in sailboat races
there (I think they sailed to somewhere else first to make it legal).  The
potential is there and the Europeans are already building resorts.  I'm
looking forward to the day that war is declared over and we can travel there
again.  Capitalism, what an amazing thing!

Brad