[Rhodes22-list] political: CNN Poll Finds Rhodes 22 Owner As #1 Political Irritant

petelargo petelauritzen at earthlink.net
Mon May 5 15:13:48 EDT 2008

Just got back from 3 day cruise in the florida keys. It was awesome. Then,
Herb, I saw your posts. You ask me for my sources (verbally denigrating me
and doubting that I even have them). Then when I give them to you, you don't
like them or go "so what". It seems as if you are just going to hide behind
the 3 monkeys rule and regurgitate your views (while acting like you are the
only one without an agenda-laughable by itself).

I don;t know what it means that the troops supported Ron Paul as their
number one candidate. I just thought  it was interesting that they did.
Don't you think it's interesting that they supported a fringe candidate like
him? It's open for discussion. But it's true as I said it was. Why, why,
why.

When ANY politician hides their past records it is a red flag for concern.
Lack of transparency in politics is the road to ALL evils. And again it is a
fact that Bush made his service records confidential. Why, why why.

You are not up to date on the illegality of Bushes DOMESTIC wiretapping.  Or
again you are hiding behind the 3 monkeys rule (see no..hear no.. speak no..
about Bush). And yes I am doing something about it as a supporting member of
IMPEACHBUSH.ORG. However, I have made it clear that if Bush is caught in a
proper sex scandal I will immediately drop my membership.

data for all your illegal domestic wiretapping reading needs:
http://thewall.civiblog.org/rsf/house_nsabrief_docs_012006.html

1) "Now, I want to be absolutely clear. What the President ordered in this
case was a crime.... and we have to deal with that as citizens and,
unfortunately, You have to deal with that as Members of Congress....Now,
Members that stay silent are making a choice.  Very few Members have faced
this type of test of Faith.  But You are facing it now, and as Citizens and
as Members, it's now up to us.  We are called to account to the many
benefits that we have gotten from this system. We are called to account to
do something, and not to remain silent."
Jonathan Turley
Professor of Constitutional Law,
George Washington University

2) "...so indiscriminate and sweeping a scheme of domestic intrusion into
the private communications of American citizens, predicated entirely on the
unchecked judgment of the Executive Branch, violates the Fourth Amendment
'right of the people to be secure . . . against unreasonable searches and
seizures' even if it otherwise represents an exercise of constitutional
power entrusted to the President by Article II or delegated to the President
by Congress in exercising its powers under Article I......the argument
goes... Invasion of that citizen’s privacy was, alas, but one of war’s sad
side effects — a species of collateral damage. The technical legal term for
that, I believe, is poppycock. ”

Laurence H. Tribe
Professor of Constitutional Law
Harvard University

3) "...it is not simply a claim that the President has the sole power to
decide which laws to violate and when to go outside the judicial power, but
that he has the power to do so in secret....until the New York Times
reviewed this program, he withheld the fact from the American people that
his view was that FISA did not limit his powers.  He secretly believed that
he had broader authority than was laid out in the public statutes, but he
withheld and misled the American people about that view of his own
powers......examine what kind of misleading statements, if not deception,
were put before the Congress in connection with this”
Kate Martin
Director
Center for National Security Studies

4) "...when Congress enacted the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act in
1978, it expressly rejected the President’s claim of inherent authority to
conduct warrantless wiretaps. It then went further and made it a crime to
conduct such wiretaps. The President has acted contrary to the express will
of the Congress. The Supreme Court has never approved a claim of
presidential authority to authorize acts outlawed by the Congress.”

Kate Martin
Director
Center for National Security Studies

5) "...under his interpretation ... he could suspend the writ of habeas
corpus, ... saying: This authorization enabled me to do anything in
furtherance of the war effort. I can suspend the writ of habeas corpus
unilaterally even though Congress hasn't ...He could authorize breaking and
entering of homes in order to secure intelligence to fight the war against
terrorism, despite the fact that there is an authorized procedure in an
amendment to FISA that governs physical searches......the principle that the
President has established here, if gone unchecked, will, as Justice Robert
Jackson said, lie around like a loaded gun and be utilized by any future
incumbent who claims a need. And the history of power teaches us one thing,
that if it's unchecked, it will be abused.”

Bruce Fein
Deputy Assistant Attorney General
Reagan Administration

6) "In each case the president’s answer has been the same ... Courts and
Congress have little or no place to question his decisions....it is
nonetheless a dangerous path for our nation. Our laws provide ample tools
for fighting terrorism without eroding basic liberties. No one, not even a
wartime president, is above the law”
Michael S. Greco
President,  American Bar Association