[Rhodes22-list] Schooner Encounter

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Wed May 7 16:40:11 EDT 2008

My son got the sailing bug from our R-22 experience and for the last two
years after
his college graduation he has been crewing on tall ships, mostly on the
West Coast.
He is currently on the brigantine Exy Johnson, a ship specially built
for sail training,
and will soon be rejoining the Lynx, a replica war of 1812 privateer.
The programs
are typically oriented toawrd group building and training for city
kids.  I know when I
visited that the idea works well, it is a real treat for the kids and a
good way of teaching
teamwork.  Not a real lucrative living for the crew, though.

Ron