[Rhodes22-list] bimini Re: Ron's new boat at Boca Ciega

ASNOOCH at aol.com ASNOOCH at aol.com
Sat May 10 17:33:43 EDT 2008

Art ,
The following may be of some assistance. I took a standard Taylor oversized
bimini and "taylored" it to fit my Rhodes 22. Shortened the three center
aluminum tubes to fit width measurements, then put down a small three foot slide
track, adjacent to the port and starboard sail block tracks. I put sliders on
each of the bimini legs. All this is readily available and takes minutes to
replace. The bimini's straps were replaced by shock cords mounted fore and
aft,  each with an snap hook.  I've used this system with no problem.... It's
track permits a great deal of storage and erect placement. A single screw in
each slider, easily removes it for storage when desired. The dia. of the shock
cord easily adjusts to the amt. of tension desired.

 Burt
82 Rhodes 22, Golden Snooch
Southold, NY.

favorites at AOL Food.