[Rhodes22-list] Mike Cheung flying into Edenton, NC ...

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu May 15 11:55:46 EDT 2008

Mike,

Now that Garmin has introduced the 495 - same as the 496 without the XM
radio - I'm thinking about springing for it.  My Garmin 250XL already has a
moving map, the 495 would just be redundancy.  What I really want is the
terrain warnings and the partial panel function.  Do you really use the XM
weather or is it fluff.  My legs in the Bo are usually 2 hours and I can
look at a map of the convective activity just prior to departure on the
internet.  I figure if there's some doubt, I'll stay at the hangar and drink
beer, er, sweep the floor.

Brad