[Rhodes22-list] Furler Question

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Mon May 19 16:21:41 EDT 2008

Bob,
Is the sail permanently attached to the top and bottom of an aluminum
tube? If so, that is the original GBI furler designed and
manufactured by General Boats. They are bullet proof and never jam as
long as you keep some tension on the furling line as you pull out the
sail. The only problem we ever had with ours was the tape at the top
of the sail which served as the attachment point broke and the sail
started sliding down the slot. Because the sail was permanently
attached, we had to lower the mast to fix it but it was an easy fix.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD