[Rhodes22-list] Words that pass on this forum... [starts sailing, then turns political] [half and three quarters]

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue May 20 08:07:10 EDT 2008

“I would like to see some photos before passing judgment, Rummy”   This
sounds early biblical, remember that guy ‘Thomas’?

“Just wanted to say that I definitely see the value of the voluntary 5%
commission thing... we will be sending Stan a check shortly, Chet.”  This
statement is political… promises, promises…  I refer readers to Captain
Rummy’s statement above.

“I can be a bit hard to snow, difficult as that may be to believe of the
easy-going guy you know me to be.” Oh come on now, anybody who believes in
Marxism cannot be difficult to ‘snow’.

“I could support the bill if we pass a windfall profits tax on farmers to go
along with the Marxist tax policy being suggested for oil companies.”  Again
we have a list member who believes that a lady can be just a little pregnant
but not pregnant.  Anyone who accepts a little Marxism is already sliding on
the slippery slope…

“I can be the dumbest fox in the woods, and speak a little Pennsylvania
Dutch, Arcadian French, etc. -- just enough to be a barrier to explanations
that justify bureaucratic ineptitude.”  Huh?  What is this to mean in
colloquial English?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  "Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure
the liberty nor happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.
He therefore is the truest friend to the liberty of his country who tries
most to promote its virtue, and who ... will not suffer a man to be chosen
into any office of power and trust who is not a wise and virtuous man." -
Samuel Adams [not the beer brewer]