[Rhodes22-list] Happy Birthday Bob Dylan

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Sun May 25 03:15:22 EDT 2008

May 24th is Dylan's 67th B-Day. There's a bar in Minneapolis, near the place
where he used to busk on the street, that celebrates this date every year.
(This year it was held last night, the 23rd.) Anyone can sign up and sing a
Dylan song. BYO guitar--no band. Last year I got up and sang "Things Have
Changed" but this year I just watched everybody else. Great fun! BTW,
tonight he's in New Brunswick.  Tonight I played in Minneapolis and sang 4
or 5 Dylan songs.  The one that went over the best was "Lay Lady Lay."

Funny Bob story: Two summers ago I was playing at the Ft. Wayne Rum Runners
and Bob played a concert there on my night off so I got to go. He was
staying at the Marriott next to Rum Runners and his hotel code name was
Cracker Jack. I kept my eye on the door in case he showed up and I thought
if he did, I'd probably throw up from nervousness.  But he didn't.  The next
day, Ryan, the mgr saw him across the lobby and went over to shake his hand.
Bob said, the way only Bob can, as if singing a verse from "Tangled Up In
Blue" he just came down to find some Mountain Deeeewww.

May Bob be with you.

Slim