[Rhodes22-list] Politics: Obama is a Crook!

bdunn1 bdunn1 at aol.com
Tue May 27 11:40:13 EDT 2008

Rummy:  Need your advice; my 8 hp Yamaha on my 98 Rhodes bit the dust; I am considering a 9.9 Mercury 4-cycle.  When I bought the boat used it had the remote controls and the motor connected to the rudder for steering.  Question:  Can I use the Mercury with the standard "all the controls in one handle", not connect it to the rudder and steer into and out of the dock with the rudder in the upright position using the motor to steer?  There will be some conflict with the railing but I thought by tilting the control it would be ok.
regards,
Bill Dunn