[Rhodes22-list] Motors - a reply to Bill Dunn...

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed May 28 09:08:28 EDT 2008

Bill D:

Tohatsu has a history.  It is long.  It demonstrates a long history of
reliable small boat motors.  In todays world they build most of the small
boat motors and put others names on the motors coming from their factory.

I have never heard of the gas comment that you posted but would suggest that
it was written by a disgruntled competitor.  I have a 8 H.P. Tohatsu and it
is reliable, even on old gas.  Sometimes I have to adjust the choke the
first time I start it, but after I start it once to leave the marina, it is
no problem to start again later.

In my opinion based on my experience with Tohatsu, Evinrude, Johnson and
Mercury, Tohatsu is best, most reliable and parts are available.  Suggest
you find independent repair place for servicing.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
"The world's best bilge pump is a scared boater with a bucket."