[Rhodes22-list] High-thrust or prop choice?

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Fri May 30 13:23:18 EDT 2008

John,
Our Yamaha 8 HT both the large high thrust prop and a 13:38 (2.92)
gear ratio. The regular Yamaha (F series) has a gear ratio of 13:27
(2.08) Our old Honda (the "Classic 8") had a lower ratio but it was
still higher than other models in the Honda line and was considered
by Honda to be "high thrust". Seems to me the ratio was somewhere around 2.33.

Mary Lou
attached a pic of the old Honda just as a test.