[Rhodes22-list] FW: [boulderyc] Sailing on TV

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 7 16:48:50 EST 2008

To: boulderyc at yahoogroups.comFrom: corsair28r at hotmail.comDate: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 19:30:12 +0000Subject: [boulderyc] Sailing on TV

here a tidbit from our friends south on the lake :ESPN Classic will be airing a documentary of the 100th running of the Chicago To Mackinaw race. Whether you are into racing or not, I think you would enjoy this,----------------------------------------------------------ESPN Classic To Air Documentary Regarding The 100th Chicago Yacht Club Race to MackinacNovember 3, 2008 (CHICAGO YACHT CLUB) -- Today, Chicago Yacht Club announced that ESPN Classic will air a one-hour documentary about the 100th Chicago Yacht Club Race to Mackinac presented by Lands' End Business Outfitters. "The Mac" is the world's longest annual freshwater sailing distance race. The 100th Mac took place this past July, with more then 430 boats crossing the starting line. This documentary will be presented by Rolex Watch USA, the Official Timekeeper of the 100th Mac. ESPN Classic will air the documentary on Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 11:00 a.m. Central, and again on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 5:00 p.m. Central. ESPN's Gary Jobson, a highly decorated racing sailor and the world's leading sailing television journalist, has produced the documentary. Viewers will see and hear about the technological advancements over the decades. Coverage will include helicopter and sea level footage, including footage from several highly competitive crews that competed in the 100th Mac. The documentary will also cover all of the pre-race and post-race events associated with this once in a lifetime event. In addition to Rolex, a number of other sponsors will be supporting this project, including North Sails, Gougeon Brothers, and Lands' End Business Outfitters, the Mac's presenting sponsor. 'The Race to Mackinac is an eagerly anticipated event by thousands of sailors each year. The history, the adventure, and the competition are all reasons we come back to Mackinac Island each year, and our ability to share this experience with our families and friends makes it all the more special. We look forward to sharing this terrific event with millions of people around the globe,' Greg Miarecki, Race chairman, commented. 'We are also deeply honored to have Gary Jobson, with Rolex's strong support, covering the Race in this special way.' Miarecki added. 'The Race to Mackinac is one of America's icons of yacht racing. We are proud to document the 100th running of the Mac for ESPN. Given the prestigious nature of this race, it is especially fitting to have Rolex leading this project. It was the highlight of the racing season in 2008,' Gary Jobson commented. To learn more about the Chicago Yacht Club Race to Mackinac go to http://www.chicagoyachtclub.org/racetomackinac. __._,_.___
Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Members

MARKETPLACE

>From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods
 Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

Recent Activity

 5
New PhotosVisit Your Group

Health Zone