[Rhodes22-list] FW: [boulderyc] Sailing on TV

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Wed Nov 12 15:12:12 EST 2008

Bob,

Thanks for the notice.  Was able to watch it last night and even my teenage
son thought it was interesting.  Now if I can only get him to go out sailing
instead of just watching it on TV.  Maybe I need to transition him to a
sailing video game first.

I forget about the size of Lake Michigan.  The race is about 330 miles long
and most of the footage looked like they were out in an ocean somewhere.  I
think the winner made it in 26 hours which is pretty incredible considering
all the moaning the crews were doing about light winds.  I guess if a sailor
is going to complain it should be about lack of wind.  Didn't see any boats
the size of our Rhodes or even close, but it took most of the boats two to
three days to make the trip.  At three knots an hour I could make it in less
than five days.  Maybe I'll borrow a trailer and try it next year.

I complain about mosquitoes on the Chesapeake.  They were complaining about
flies and bats out in Lake Michigan.  I guess the bats follow the flies.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  At Ease
Kent Island, MD