[Rhodes22-list] Complaint to List Admin

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 17:18:24 EST 2008

Coming late to this one it looks like...

Slim, though I agree with most of what you say, I'm afraid I can't
agree this time.

I know I helped trigger the most recent blow up.  I don't agree with
much of what comes from the right of center crowd.  I've written then
deleted far more angry retorts than I've ever sent.  I won't retract
what I sent this time, but I will agree that there wasn't much point
in sending it, since it's not my intent to change anyone's beliefs.

But as much as I dislike the tone of some of what is posted (content
is usually not the issue), I can't agree that people aren't entitled
to their opinions or their reactions to others' opinions.  We'd all be
smart to temper our replies and let disagreements drop if they can't
be argued rationally, and I'll make that note to self.

The rules of this bar are that we come together on sailing but talk
about whatever we feel like.  We have a pretty clear cross-section of
the political spectrum here, and just like in real life, some pretty
vocal people in the two tails of the bell curve.

The only people I've actually seen thrown out of bars were either
underaged, too drunk to stay, or starting a fist fight.  I don't think
we're at that point.

I do think we all owe it to Stan to make this bar a positive
experience for the Rhodes 22 brand.

My two cents.

Dave