[Rhodes22-list] Special Tribute to Brad Haslett {about America, you can call what you want}

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 11:10:25 EST 2008

Can't say I disagree with any or much of this.  Does anyone have an
example or idea of how to provide a support network for citizens who
need and deserve support while excluding those who could and should
support themselves?  Children, for example, I feel deserve to receive
decent medical care care regardless whether their parent(s) is(are)
able to provide for it.

Here's a guess.  If I remember the numbers, about 2/3 of eligible
voters actually voted in the past election, the highest percentage
since JFK's election.  What are the chances that the 1/3 who didn't
vote are pretty much the 1/3 who live on government support?  The
problem of who gets to vote may be taking care of itself...

Dave