[Rhodes22-list] Herb's Response

pdgrand at nospam.wmis.net pdgrand at nospam.wmis.net
Thu Nov 20 14:19:35 EST 2008

Herb,

I understand and I agree with you.  I did not mean to suggest that you
were being irrational.  But you got the point because you said:

"It may be 'stooping to the same level', it may be unnecessary, it may (and
probably does) escalate things, but it's not irrational. Countering a
personal attack with another one is not only rational, it can often be
instructional. And, it's a very good release mechanism."

Therefore, what I meant to suggest is that as smart a person as you
obviously are, I believe you could find a way to instructionally counter
what you perceive to be a personal attack without stooping to the same
level or escalating things while still satisfying your release mechanism.
I've read all of your posts over the last two months.  I know you have the
intellect and the capability.  The only question is whether you have the
desire.  Why not give it a try?  I don't see any downside.

Paul