[Rhodes22-list] Brad's Roof...

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Nov 21 08:31:42 EST 2008

Brad,

Trumpet vines are flowers that grow like weeds in these parts.  Been around
a long time and do well on trellises and fences.  The orange flowers are
most common.  Or consider the famous southern plant, Kudzu?

Consider some alternatives:  Sod the roof or solar panels.  In Chicago there
is an architect who sods roofs on big buildings and project apartments for
keeping cooler in summer.  It has been demonstrated to work very well.

Get a bunch of batteries and use solar panels to keep them charged.  How
about powering a 12 vdc air conditioner?  Sell your excess back to the power
company? $$$

Or try a combination of sod and vines; Sod for roof and vines to hang down.
How about grapes instead of flowers?  Make wine? $$$

Ed K