[Rhodes22-list] Brad's Roof...

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 09:43:10 EST 2008

Rummy,

I've thought about painting the roof of the storage container with the
mobile home roof paint you can get at Home Depot and Lowes.  I'm sure
it would help in keeping the temps down.  When we put the new metal
roof on the shop building last year, we put down insulating decking
first. It must have made a 20 to 30 degree difference in the shop
temperature in August.  Now I wish we'd gone with a lighter color.
There's another idea we've been toying with - poor man's evaporative
cooling (we have a "swamp cooler" for small areas) A guy on the coast
has a horse barn that he mounted sprinklers on.  He pumps water from
his pond, continuously waters the roof, and lets the water gravity
flow back to the pond.  It doesn't take that much electricity to power
the pump and supposedly it's very effective.

Brad