[Rhodes22-list] political - sort of

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 18:51:31 EDT 2008

Stan,

As far as the "beauty queen" aspects of Sarah Palin go, she reminds me
of my former attorney Julia when I lived in Nashville (why I needed an
attorney for so long or so frequently is not somewhere we want to go).
 Julia was a few years older than me an drop-dead gorgeous.  She
graduated from what was then known as the Nashville Y.M.C.A. Night Law
School, attending classes at night while raising her children.  She
had this sweet southern accent and "boofed-up" blonde hair, and just
dripped with sweetness and kindness.  Sometimes you'd sit in a
conference room with her and look into her "doe eyes" and think, "this
can't be a good thing".  Then you'd walk into the courtroom and that
twang would start and her 'blondeness' would be so disgustingly nice
to the other attorney that you just wanted to hang your head and cry.
Then out of the blue, she'd launch into a line of reasoning in a
different voice, I swear you could see her head swivel around, and two
minutes later the opposing attorney would pick his manhood off the
floor and slink out of the courtroom.  Two minutes later you'd be
sitting in a conference room with the "beauty queen" wondering "what
the hell did I just witness?"

Ask a few oil company executives what it's like doing business with
Gov. Palin, provided they're not too embarrassed to talk about it.

Brad