[Rhodes22-list] Politics - Sexism

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 13:50:44 EDT 2008

Brad, Herb, Rik, et al,

I'm so glad you're happy.  I wouldn't want you to have to drag yourselves to
the polls and vote for the least of two ills...um, like we all do every
time.  But just remember, the presidency is something you buy and the one
with the most $ usually wins.  I did see that McCain raised... what was it?
...6 million in the few hours after he announced his VP pick.  That's pretty
impressive.

Re unemployment, according to last week's Strib, it has indeed spiked in MN
from about 8% to almost 10% but we're still lower than the natl average of
around 12%.

http://www.startribune.com/local/27511554.html?elr=KArksUUUU

No, it's not an all time high (The Great Depression) but it's gone up
steadily during the Bush/Pawlenty years.   We (in MN) were down at about
2-3% range with Billy Boy.  This is no surprise.  High unemployment keeps
the wages and salaries down by keeping the pool of available workers up.
This is good for business.

Slim