[Rhodes22-list] Political discussion is diluting the value of the Rhodes 22 newsgroup

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 17:26:59 EDT 2008

Paul,

All of the sailing topics you mentioned have indeed been brought up here on
this list.  Yes, even sailing poetry.  Some of the old-timers will remember
"The Night Before Christmas For Sailors."  And these topics will be brought
up again.  And we invite you to bring them up any time.  But among us
old-timers on the list, we have already talked all that stuff over with each
other so we look for current topics for something new to yak about.  Why not
politics?  Whether you're sitting on a bar stool or a barber chair, after
you talk about the weather, politics comes up pretty easily.  If you don't
want to talk politics then don't.  No one is forcing you to do so.  And no
one is stopping you from bringing up anything else that you'd like.
Simple.  I, for one, would love to hear more about your friend's 44 footer.
Got pix?  And as a long-time R22 owner, I'm sure you can contribute plenty.

You're not the first nor will you be the last to complain about this.  We
understand.  I would kindly suggest you hang around a while, have a few cold
ones and you just might find some interesting company.

Also, others have found it helpful to use whatever email features you can to
put all the list messages into a separate folder so they're easier to deal
with and keep out of your regular inbox.  Some even use a separate email
account altogether just for list stuff.

Slim

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Paul Krawitz <krawitzmail-rhodes22 at yahoo.com