[Rhodes22-list] Political discussion is diluting the value of theRhodes 22 newsgroup

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Wed Sep 3 17:31:15 EDT 2008

Paul,

I think that most agree that the personal attacks are not necessary.  As far
as the political commentary goes, I think of it as background banter.  If I
am not interested in the discussion, I move on to the next "table" (using
the sailor's bar scenario of "da list") to see what is going on there.
Sometimes, even the political discussions catch my attention.  Over the
years, I have learned much from the list and hopefully provided some help.

I had suggested that we provide a second list (John says it can be done
without too much effort) for sailing only topics.  All posts to the sailing
only list and the replies would appear on the "da list" as well.  This would
permit the list to remain as it is and an alternate list to exist just for
sailing discussions that would be posted to both.  Maybe the time has come

Ed means well.  He just doesn't realize that we have had (and continue to
enjoy) one of the best summers in years, especially for sailing.  The
weather has been great and the winds are fair and regular.  No need to try
to sail on mud flats in SC in the heat.  We sail several times a week,
getting wet last night on the way home from some unexpected (and  not
forecasted) light rain.  Hey Ed, maybe you should haul your boat up to LI
Sound and enjoy some real nice late summer / early fall sailing.  The water
temperature is about 74F, the air temperature is in the mid 80s and the
winds are perfect.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY