[Rhodes22-list] Hoist one - Paul's Polticial, Religious and Health related post... Jerry putting the clue at the beinging takes all the fund out of hiding it

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Sep 4 07:53:32 EDT 2008

Paul:

There is a problem with American education.  They no longer teach history.

This lack of understanding history and how America came to be is
demonstrated everyday by many Americans especially those who believe the
liberal news media as being factually correct.

Dan Rather tried to create facts not extant.  Chris Matthews gets tingles up
his leg over Obama.  These are the characters that the American national
news media is made of.

The national news media has little economic history understanding and
espouses change toward a historically disproven economic system.  That is
stealing from some citizens for the benefit of others.

Now how does this relate to your post?  If you had been a reader of past
post to this forum you would have seen Captain Rummy complain about my
drinking.  So I look at your post and you say:

"1. Why are boating and drinking so inextricably linked?"

Read history.  Drinking alcoholic beverages and sailboats were intrinsically
intermeshed before, during and after the founding of the USA.  British ships
even carried Rum on board to be issued to the crew.  Imagine that!

Go to any American port city and near the waterfront were the taverns and
pubs.  Understand the taverns and pubs served more than beer, wine and rum.
They also served food. This tradition of food and booze and people was an
integral part of America before television.

Where are our Rhodies from Philadelphia?  Go to any inner city working class
neighborhood in Philadelphia and on every block was what we call a tavern or
pub or pizzeria.  Go into one of these establishments on any weekday lunch
hour and what do you find?  You find people having lunch and a beer.  What
do they do while meeting their neighbors and coworkers?  Talk work and
politics.  Purely a continuation of historical America not taught in
American education by liberal educators.

Paul, it is in the history, sailors being sailors, notwithstanding the
national news media and liberal educators trying to deny and rewrite
history.

By the Way, have you ever found the instigator of polticial discussions?
Who did create that term, enlightened capitalist?  You still need to search
the archives ...

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
(this email sent using 100% recycled electrons)