[Rhodes22-list] Boom Car

MichaelT mticse at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 10:25:01 EDT 2008

When I acquired my Rhodes last September, the boat did not come w/ a boom
car. Essentially the outhaul was looped to the clew of the mainsail to a
block at the end of the boom. Jay Friedland pointed this missing part when
we met this summer.

I finally received my stainless steel boom car from Stan. Question is how to
run the outhaul lines?
Initially  I went from the boom block to the boom car to the clew and
finally back to the boom block. It didn't seem right as the car kept on
slipping. So this time, I went from the boom block, to the boom car to the
clew and BACK to the boom car then to the boom block. It seems to be more
solid (no slipping) I just did this last night while docked. Then again the
true test will be out sailing. Is this the right way? If not, what is?

Best,
Michael