[Rhodes22-list] Poll-- What motor have you bought new and how equipped

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at nyu.edu
Thu Sep 4 14:49:47 EDT 2008

Rory

I have the Tohatsu 8 / 4stroke / alternator / pull start option with
a 20" shaft

I bought the Tohatsu Remote for it which is a single heavy duty
plastic and metal single lever which
controls shift and throttle.   I was going to use Mary Lou's concept
of mounting it using the recessed table mount, but instead I used
2 large 1" wide standard shelf mounts from LOWES which have plastic
covers for the metal.  I reinforced the lazarette on both sides of the
brackets with 1/2" plywood and it works fine.  I can send you close
up pictures later as they are not on my work computer.

I love the placement of the remote as I can easily adjust throttle
and shift in any position.  I put the remote  at the aft end of my
cockpit floor just
to the port side of the table mount, so its slightly off center to be
exact.  The control cables are run through the laz and out the
transom.  I did not feel up to
taking apart the motor as it was new so I had an authorized dealer do
it for me.  I did the installation to the motor as well as all my
motor mount work.

The controls end up being right under the tiller anyway and I almost
went for the PowerTiller but didn't want all that  extra gear on my
tiller.
Im a salt water boater so if that means anything.

good luck
let me know if you want to see  the remote pix
Lou

s/v Miracles