[Rhodes22-list] Poll-- What motor have you bought new and how equipped

Mike Cheung mikecheung at att.net
Thu Sep 4 11:59:12 EDT 2008

Rory,

We've got the high thrust 8 hp Yamaha 4 cyl, elec start, power tilt on our
Rhodes and love it.  The controls are on the motor tiller and are easily
reachable from the port side captain's chair.  With the tiller extension in
hand, the boat can be easily motored from that position.  We have the
standard engine hoist, not the fancy electric one.  The 8 hp high thrust
moves the R22 at hull speed at about 1/4 - 1/3 throttle in low wind
conditions leaving a fair bit of reserve thrust to deal with windy days.

Mike Cheung s/v Muireann 1993/2008 R22