[Rhodes22-list] CDI Furler question

Jack Chirch jchirch at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 00:32:33 EDT 2008

Getting set for Hannah here in Hampton Roads, I pulled the main & genoa off
Pax today. I installed a used CDI FF2 furler last spring, and hadn't had the
genny off until now. When I first installed the furler, I had a tough time
getting the sail all the way to the top; eventually used the trailer winch,
and gave up about 18" below the mast head. Today the sail came down w/o any
hassle, but when I was working with the halyard & (temporary)messenger line,
I found that it's not the sail which hangs up, but the halyard itself.
Anybody experienced this witht the CDI furler?   Suggestions?

Jack C in Gloucester