[Rhodes22-list] Marriage in Iraq

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 09:51:49 EDT 2008

Stumbled across this gem this morning reading first hand accounts from
soldiers in Iraq.

Brad

-------
I also went to a luncheon at the fuel distribution point here when it
was finished and had an interesting conversation with an Iraqi
engineer.

Him: "Are you married?"
Me: "Yes"
"What is your opinion of marriage?"
"I've been married 13 years; I don't have an opinion anymore."
"In Iraq they say a husband is like a monkey, a donkey and a dog. At
first she loves you like a pet monkey, then she orders you around like
you are a donkey, then you are an old dog, you bark and bark and no
one listens."
"It's just like that in America too."
"Is it true in America you only marry one women?"
"Yes"
"An in America if you leave she gets half?"
"Yes"
He rolls his eyes and says "Thank God I am Iraqi."