[Rhodes22-list] Captain Crawford, a quick reply as requested

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Sep 7 21:19:43 EDT 2008

Frone said, " as Republican ( believer in free enterprise and individual
freedoms and environmentalism) all my life, I am hard-pressed to find any
remnants of the GOP that I joined 45 years ago."

That is why some of us are so vocal.  They are not collectively
'Republican', but what are called 'Rino', that is Republican in name only.
In South Carolina we have a Governor who is a traditional Republican that
has a constant hassle with the state legislature which in theory is
Republican.  But they are controlled by Rinos.

This type of Republican was illustrated by Denis Hassert.  He was a Rino and
a crook.

Isn't it about time for you to get involved and reclaim your party?  Work to
make the name correct?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
addendum:  "People who have achieved success are often referred to as
"privileged," especially by the intelligentsia. Achievements used to be a
source of inspiration for others but have been turned into a source of
grievance for those without comparable achievements."  Thomas Sowell