[Rhodes22-list] Handling Gusts

MichaelT mticse at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 12:00:23 EDT 2008

One thing I did realize wrt a heavy tillwer was that the rudder was partially
in the up position after hitting low ground in the Barnegat. i figured we
can steer our way out w/ the the rudder partially up and we did but did not
readjust when we got to deeper waters. It was a night and day diff when the
rudder was fully in the down position. I could have used my pinky to steer
:)

Nevertheless, I'm interested what the thought process people go thru when
dealing w/ gusts.

Michael