[Rhodes22-list] Rik S., a question of when life begins and Ben C.'s comment thereon

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Wed Sep 10 13:20:51 EDT 2008

You do understand that I haven't "decided" the issue in order to judge.

A civilization decides to "dehumanize" members of one race. Members of
that civilization eventually come to their senses and decide to change
it. That's not judgment, that's trying to make a change. Now, if you
want me today to condemn those who practiced what was law at the time,
THAT would be judgment. I have no need, or desire, to judge them.

Today, we as a civilization are allowing the massacre of millions of
unborn babies, primarily in the name of convenience for the mother. I
don't care to retroactive punish, or even publicly humiliate, those
individuals; however, I have no problem at all saying I believe that the
practice is wrong, and more importantly, I believe our nation's flip
attitude concerning the issue is wrong. Nor do I believe I'm doing
anything wrong in trying to change our "corporate" tolerance of the
practice. I'll continue to try to bring about that change for as long as
I'm around.