[Rhodes22-list] Political

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Fri Sep 12 18:40:04 EDT 2008

It's probably genuine. Sounds like he's one of the 20%, and I'm sure
that there are more like him.

On the other hand, notice towards the end:

"To her credit as Gov. she has kept out of this arena pretty well, but when in comfortable company (i.e the Matanuska Valley Republican Women's Club), she lets her moral cat out of the bag."

To me, that says a lot about the writer. What he is saying is that her beliefs are unacceptable. She must believe, from a religious standpoint, a certain way. Even if she has proven that she is able to separate public policy from personal opinion, that's not good enough.

I would have to say, this guy is in much the same quandry that Slim backed into. If that's a disqualifier for her, how is he going to be able to vote for Biden, whose religion also has the same "simplistic and not inclusive, with a complete absence of compassion" view about abortion and same-sex relationships? (and I am going out on a bit of limb there and infer that was what the writer was talking about).

I'm suspecting the "thought patrol" only applies to "d'other side", no matter which side is talking.

Personally, I prefer to judge by actions rather than belief systems.