[Rhodes22-list] Michael W. a way to drop the board

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Fri Sep 12 19:54:27 EDT 2008

Michael,
I got my board stuck this summer,too. I used the handle end of a 1/2"
breaker bar as a pry bar,and stuck it in the bottom aft end of the
centerboard well and pryed it down a little at a time. After it moved
about 2" it released and fell about a foot until the pendent got
tight.( I gave the pendent a foot of slack before I tried to unstick it
 In case something went wrong,I didn't want it to free fall all the
way down.)
  I also put part of a pool noodle on the handle of the breaker bar so it
would float if I dropped it. The water  in my lake is real murky,so I
did everything by feel.

Jerry Lowe