[Rhodes22-list] Rid Boat of Spiders & Their Webs

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Sat Sep 13 12:00:03 EDT 2008

At 09:57 PM 9/12/2008 -0400, Alan Robertson wrote:
>Tried below and the bounce papers in the side pockets got all gummy
>from rain and blocked our side pocket drain holes. A mess co-capt.
>objected to since she cleaned it up..
>Any spiders probably drowned anyway, but no spiders in lazarette.

Over a month ago, I stapled a number of fabric softener sheets up
under the gunwales, right onto the plywood backer up in there.  No
wasps or spiders and no mess to clean up.  I'll probably have to
replace then once or twice a year, but that's an easy job.  Haven't
figured out a similar solution for the laz yet, since there's no
plywood backing.  But I don't seem to get wasps in there anyway.

Cheers!

John Lock