[Rhodes22-list] anchoring

Joe Babb joe.babb at comcast.net
Mon Sep 15 08:03:36 EDT 2008

Hi Elle,
I guess there are differences in the way some Rhodes' bow cleat is
positioned.  We have two cleats, one port, one starboard, mounted at the
gunwale.  For serious anchoring, I've been wondering about taking a line
from the bow eye to the anchor line with a rolling hitch to avoid chafe
at the gunwale.
As for anchors, I've been mulling over an old fashioned (fisherman)
style by Paul Luke.  It ain't cheap, but it breaks down for easy storage
and would get through the leaves (25lbs).  Earl Hinz's book says it
doesn't hold well in sand or mud though.  It's best for rock or shingle
bottoms.
I'd like to know your thoughts about the delta if you get one.
Joe