[Rhodes22-list] anchors - info for Joe B.

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Sep 15 08:27:53 EDT 2008

Joe,

You have arrived at a time when the most expert Rhodie on the subject of
Anchors is posting emails.  Ask Bill Effros for his opinions and how many
anchors he has or has used...

Fortress is alleged to be the best.  That is why Rhodes come from the plant
with either Frotress of imitation Fortress.

Several of the sailing magazines routinely have made test of the holding
power of anchors.  They have done this with different bottoms.

On the basis of those test, I would recommend two different types of
anchors.  Fortress style and special mud style.  I would also consider on of
the new high tech styles that are similar to Fortress but have a roll bar to
flip the anchor to the grabbing side.  The manufacturer may be 'rocco' or
something like that.

Also, the archives have extensive discussions of this topic.

ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
http://www.nabble.com/file/p19491962/Obama%2527s%2BEconomic%2BPolicy.jpg
Obama%27s+Economic+Policy.jpg