[Rhodes22-list] addendum to anchoring: Pete & Ed

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 12:04:14 EDT 2008

The fluke anchor I have  (not the colored lunch hook that came with the boat) is a Danforth 13s, ; I am finding various ratings but all indicate that it is 'way too light unless used in conjunction w/a stronger storm anchor.

Also, I just spoke w/ a friend who has a long bowsprit on her boat & she says that running the rode through the bow chocks .... how she has to anchor hers.....will allow the boat to ride enough into the wind ..

so...Delta 22# (used/$50.....new @ $175) or #24 CQR. ( used $225/@$550 new...)

elle